“Why not just bless it and eat it?” was the response of an older couple to my children’s explanation of why we couldn’t stay healthy and eat foods containing chemical additives, preservatives, pesticide residues, and other toxic or non-food additions. They seemed to think that somehow “blessing” the food would either change its chemical nature or else make us tolerant of what was never intended to be eaten.
Steve Gagné in Energetics of Food says, The truth is, anything that is wholesome and healthy to eat is already blessed by God through nature…
There are many religious people who pray before eating or eat blessed food who also suffer from serious health problems and rationalize their problems as being of the body, and therefore not important in the greater spiritual view. How sad. What a dualistic view of life! The body is not separate from the spirit—it is an expression and celebration of spirit!
The human organism is capable of maintaining health, of rebuilding organs and tissues, and repairing damaged tissue without making a mistake IF certain conditions are met. Failure to meet those conditions or deliberately ignoring those conditions, at best, puts obstacles in the path of your body’s efforts to keep healthy. At worst, we bring on our demise. We like to imagine that because of our advances in medical science and the availability of medical care we are granted license to abuse those conditions with impunity. However, our greatest medical advancement of all time will be when all people, medical doctors included, come to understand that our greatest asset to healthy living is to joyfully live within the conditions of our creaturehood.
These conditions are:
- Our food must come from nature.
- We need to consume nutrient dense foods containing a wealth of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, fatty acids, and more. All this must be in a naturally balanced, interrelated, and easily digested form. One example of such a food is Simplexity Health’s Alpha Sun Algae®.
- We need to avoid environmental toxins. We may argue that it is impossible to avoid toxic exposures. Then it is time to change the demands we place on our environment.
- Drink plenty of fresh, pure water.
- Get plenty of exercise in fresh, pure air.
- Get sufficient rest.
There are probably many more items that one could add to the list, but we will start with these six.
Even the “bless it and eat it” people would not propose taking a car trip by driving a straight line to their destination. They exercise care to follow the road to be sure of arriving and to be sure their car is undamaged. These six conditions (plus others that may need to be added) are the road on which to travel to stay healthy to the end of your days.