See Below for
- Special Pricing on Boxelder Pounders
- 36 inch tall, 4 inch diameter Pounder
My vegetable pounders are made from food safe wood. (They are currently being made from oak, though I reserve the right to use other species according to the dictates of availability.) They are sized to fit into a wide-mouth canning jar and come in two standard sizes. For a custom-turning-fee, I can make a pounder to fit your specifications. Email me at woodturnedart[at]vcn.com for more information. (Replace the [at] with @ for a useable email address)
I have redesigned the handle of all my pounders to be shaped like the boxelder pounder pictured below. The advantage of this shape is that it is easier to hold onto. The bulge of the handle is designed to fit comfortably into the palm of your hand so that your thumb and first finger constrict on the narrow portion above the bulge.
If you are interested in more than one pounder shipped to the same address, contact me for information on shipping prices.
Find out how to qualify for a vegetable pounder at half-price. Click here to see my special offer.
Shipping will be by Parcel Post
Special: Reduced Pricing on Boxelder Pounders
I have some boxelder pounders that I am offering at a reduced price. (Boxelder is a member of the maple family. Its wood is not as hard as oak, for example, but works fine for making vegetable pounders or jar stuffers.) This size of pounder normally sells at $30.00. I am offering these for $25.00 each (plus shipping). Note: the photo shown is the only one I have with grain like this. Once it is sold, the others will not look similar.
If you have questions regarding my vegetable pounders, feel free to fill out my contact form below.
Are You Making Kraut in a Crock?
My large vegetable pounders are made to work with large crocks. The pounder is 4 inches diameter and stands approximately 36 inches tall. The photo shows the large pounder standing beside a 12 inch tall pounder for scale.
Contact me for pricing and availability.
- I used the vegetable pounder to make a whole bunch of kraut. I love it and am very glad I bought it! Thank-you.
- I am very happy with the pounder. It’s just what I expected.
- They’re perfect…
- The wooden pounders just arrived. They are absolutely beautiful. I thank you so much…I know that people are always looking for wooden pounders and to be honest, they are like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I had almost given up before I found you and I can’t even remember where I found you…I had gone through every kitchen and speciality catalog and website that I could find…. the few items that were being peddled as wooden pounders were very poor excuses for anything remotely resembling a kitchen tool. They truly are gorgeous, Ellis……and definitely functional, solid and reasonably priced.
Contact me via my contact form below.